JOIN OUR TEAM
ESCAPE ROOM GAMES MASTER VACANCY
WE ARE LOOKING FOR ENTHUSIASTIC STAFF TO WORK CASUAL HOURS TO HELP WITH THE RUNNING OF OUR ESCAPE ROOMS AT SCRAMM LIVE ESCAPE ROOMS, BANBURY.
Applicants must be over 18.
The role consists of guiding our customers through the exciting challenges of escaping from one of our 3 themed rooms whilst ensuring our customers have fun and enjoy their visit.
It is a varied role with a number of responsibilities and expected qualities, including but not limited to:
- Must be outgoing, enthusiastic and positive
- Friendly, welcoming and chatty, especially to provide pre-game briefings, debriefings and supporting customers throughout their visit
- Able to individually manage a game and ensure that teams gain maximum enjoyment during their experience
- Take a team photo, debrief afterwards, answer any questions and help customers leave on a high
- Reset the game room exactly and quickly, ensuring there are absolutely no mistakes
- Clean and sanitize the room in between games
- Keep everything generally clean and tidy, carry out small tasks to this end as required
- Handle in person enquiries and bookings
- Work collaboratively with diverse colleagues and customers
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
STRONG HOSTING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
You need to be a confident individual, with a passion for creating an excellent customer experience. You need to be comfortable speaking in front of groups of up to 18 people and holding their attention. Ideal candidates will have some acting or performance background and / or at least 2 years’ customer service experience.
STRONG SOCIAL SKILLS
You need to look after our customers and pay attention to their needs. We are looking for people who have the ability to read the audience, interact with them to suit their personalities, help them feel comfortable and relaxed and be able to tell when teams need intervention in their game and when to hold back.
INTUITION AND ADAPTABILITY
We are not expecting an in-depth knowledge of puzzles and/or escape rooms (though if you have any experience of games, the entertainment industry in general or running team-events this is a bonus). We do expect you to be able to learn quickly and think on your feet – sometimes things don’t always go to plan, and you need to have the confidence to deal with unexpected customer / room issues to find a solution quickly. We expect you to be able to learn and appreciate the subtleties of running a high-quality escape experience and understand different teams require different approaches. You also need to feel confident working alone, without constant supervision.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL
We expect you to have a meticulous attention to detail and be able to follow detailed processes quickly and accurately.
You must be fully focused whilst monitoring your team to ensure that you can always help them quickly and appropriately. You must ensure there are absolutely no errors when resetting the room – a single reset error can ruin the entire experience.
FLEXIBILITY IN YOUR AVAILABILITY
Our working hours are from 10:00 am to 21:00 pm 7 days a week depending on our escapees’ requests.
Evenings and weekends are a must.
Our games are part-run via basic computer systems which we would teach you to use. We use a booking system and various audio/visual equipment, and we need applicants to be comfortable with basic computer tasks and willing to learn to use the new systems / processes.
COULD THIS BE YOU?
If any of the following apply to you, then we would love to hear from you:
- You are interested in a unique and exciting form of customer service in one of the fastest-growing entertainment industries in the world
- You are fun and positive and looking for a job with working hours and times that suit your lifestyle
- You may have experience in the escape room, gaming or entertainment industries, but this is not essential
- You are or have been a theatre student, performing arts student, actor or actress, but again, not essential
IF YOU THINK THIS COULD BE YOU, WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. PLEASE EMAIL A COPY OF YOUR CV ALONG WITH A COVERING LETTER DETAILING YOUR SUITABILITY FOR THE ROLE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IN YOUR COVERING LETTER:
- Why are you interested in becoming a Games Master with us and why do you think you are suited to the role?
- Whether or not you’ve played an escape room before and what you liked and didn’t like about it? (Please note: if you haven’t played an escape room before, this will not count against you!)
- Why do you think people like playing escape rooms?
- Some interesting facts about yourself – likes / dislikes
- Your flexibility / availability